It is the largest city in the State of Hawaii, the capitol city that houses the government, transportation and commercial centers for the state; yet Honolulu may best be known as a world renowned tourist destination. Or to be more accurate, it’s a dream destination for most!
Azure blue waters, white sandy beaches, Hawaiian shirt clad people are usually our first thoughts of Hawaii but there are so many flavors of Honolulu it’s hard to know just where to begin! There are loads of fun activities in Honolulu for everyone to participate in and guess what? You won’t even have to break the bank, unless you want to that is!
To give you an idea of fun activities in Honolulu, here are 3 things that you can do for free there:
- Learn about the history of Waikiki on the Wakiki Historic Walking Trail
- Visit the lei stands that line Maunakea Street and learn first hand how intricate leis are made
- Visit Fort DeRussy Beach where you’ll find not only picnic tables, volleyball courts and excellent surf, you’ll find Battery Randolph Museum on the military grounds.
Here are 3 more great ways to experience the flavors of Honolulu without breaking the bank, as these activities are only $10 or less!
- Visit the Hawaii Maritime Center and explore Hawaii’s maritime history from voyaging canoes to Matson steamships
- Walk through the world’s largest maze, at the Dole plantation center found on the way to the North Shore and afterwards you can enjoy the famous Dole Whip!
- Take a tour of the Waikiki Aquarium and discover first hand the marine wonders of the South Pacific
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your dream trip to Hawaii and to show you that not all the fun activities in Honolulu are going to upset your cash flow! There are in fact tons more ways to experience the flavors of Honolulu on a budget and still be able to have all the fun you want!